Giovanni Calvi is an international expert in the field of microfinance, especially in the areas of governance, risk management, social performance management and support for the development of agricultural producers' unions.
Particularly, he has had following experiences and responsabilities:
- Since 2016, he is General Director and Founding Member of a company dedicated to Micro-Factoring, located in Ecuador.
- Since 2011, he serves on the Board of Directors and is President of the Business Committee of Edpyme Alternativa, Peru.
- In 2015, he was designed as Adviser for the Ecuadorian Minister of Agriculture, Livestock, Aquaculture and Fisheries (MAGAP), on the design of a new public bank for inclusion and development.
- Giovanni was Regional Manager for Latin America at MicroFinanza Rating Srl. Since 2005, he has fulfilled a major role in the evaluation and development of MFIs (over 120) in Latin America and Africa.
- He has delivered courses in several Latin American countries and has been a professor at the Boulder Microfinance Training Program since 2009.
Giovanni graduated in Economics and Finance from Milan university (Italy), and has a postgraduate degree in Development Evaluation Programs from Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada). Before joining the team at MicroFinanza Rating Srl, Giovanni worked for several years (2000-2004) in the International Cooperation sector in Africa (Zambia).